Last Updated: November 9, 2020
Personal Information we collect will be primarily stored in the United States with Fossil Group member companies and our service providers, some of them are located in countries outside the EU. Your information may thus be subject to U.S. and foreign laws and accessible to U.S. and foreign governments, courts, law enforcement and regulatory agencies. In all cases we ensure an adequate level of data protection. We use contracts with standard contractual clauses, approved by the European Commission. If necessary we supplement them with adequate security measures with the aim of restricting access by foreign authorities in such a way that these principles comply with EU law. Only exceptionally we don’t use standard contractual clauses, in case unless we transfer your personal data to a country that was officially recognized by the EU as having adequate protection for processing of personal data or pursuant to another exception allowing the transfer as permitted by applicable law.
Before we explain to you which categories of Cookies and other technologies (all together we call "Cookies") we use, we want to point out that you can
Please note that certain functionalities of our website and services may not be accessible to you if you disable the use of certain Cookies.
Please also note that some service providers we cooperate with act as controllers, which means that they are responsible for the processing of cookie related data, while others process data on our behalf. In case a service provider acts as a controller, you may assert your data protection rights against that provider. In this policy we will indicate, if a service provider processes personal data not on our behalf, meaning as a controller. In such a case you may get in touch with the provider directly for any privacy related inquiries. In all other instances please contact us.
1. Functional Cookies
Other services we use for increasing functionality are for instance:
- Youtube and Google Maps, both provided by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway Mountain View, CA 94043, USA ("Google") to provide location services and display video clips on our website;
- Clicktale Heatmaps and Session replays by Clicktale Ltd, 2 Shoham St., Ramat-Gan 52521, Israel (“Clicktale”) to obtain details of the usage of our website;
- iPerceptions by iPerceptions Inc., 606 Cathcart, Suite 1007, Montreal, QC H3B 1K9, Canada (“iPerceptions”) for customer feedback relating to our website;
- PowerReviews by PowerReviews Inc., 180 North LaSalle Street, Chicago, IL 60601, USA (“PowerReviews”) to provide customer product ratings and reviews.
2. Social Cookies
- We use Gigya Socialize plug-ins provided by Gigya to enable you to share our website and content such as information about our products on social media platforms such as Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter. We base this processing on Art. 6 (1) f GDPR since we aim to make it easier for you to spread information about our content and products you like via social media. When you visit our website your browser establishes a direct connection to Gigya. Gigya collects your IP address, browser type and usage information on our behalf. If you click on the social media platform button on our website you will be led to the social media platform directly.
You can disable Social Cookies under this link or via your browser settings.
3. Analytical Cookies
Without linking it to your name, but storing it with an ID number on the basis of Art. 6 (1) a GDPR, we use information about the services you use and how you use them (e.g. links or pages you clicked on in our emails or on our website). We use this information to learn about shopping preferences, to tailor our offers and websites, to resolve problems with websites, products and services, to analyze trends and statistics and to present our content in the most appealing and user-friendly way for you.
- We use Google Analytics, a web analysis services provided by Google, to store "analytical Cookies" on your computer on our behalf. In order to use these services, we send information about your usage of our website and the terminal devices used to Google, where the data is aggregated and analyzed to provide meaningful reports for us. As it can occur that your personal data is transferred to the USA the transfer is based on a contract including EU Commission’s standard contractual clauses. You can object by installing a browser plugin clicking here https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
- We use Facebook Insights, an analytics tool provided by Facebook. Facebook Insights helps us to better understand how you interact with our posts, listings, videos and other content on our Fossil fan page on Facebook. Facebook stores Cookies on your computer containing a user ID. Through Facebook Insights, we only have access to anonymized data which we cannot combine with any personal information we know about you. Facebook and Fossil are Joint Controllers for the processing of Insights Data according to § 26 GDPR. Hence, we have entered into a Joint Controller Processing Addendum which defines responsibilities and accountability. For more information please see Facebook’s Insights Controller Addendum: https://www.facebook.com/legal/terms/page_controller_addendum.
4. Marketing Cookies
You can disable marketing Cookies under this link or via your browser settings.
Please note that if you maintain a user account with third party service providers (e.g. Facebook) they may be able to identify you.
- We use DoubleClick, an analysis service provided by Google to improve advertising based on what is relevant to you, to improve reporting on campaign performance and to avoid showing ads you have already seen. DoubleClick enables us to understand if you have completed certain actions on our website after you have seen or clicked through one of our ads served via DoubleClick. DoubleClick places a cookie on your browser and collects your IP address and information about your browser and web request on our behalf when you click on an advertisement placed via websites of the Google advertising network. Depending on your settings, information associated with Cookies used in advertising may be added to your Google account. For detailed description of Google's processing see above under "Google Analytics". To opt-out from receiving personalized ads from Google click here https://adssettings.google.com/authenticated.
- We have integrated a Facebook Marketing Pixel provided by Facebook into our websites. The pixel sends information to Facebook about your interaction with our website and potentially more data, which might be used to identify you (such as information about your browser, language preferences, date, IP address, advertising ID). Facebook uses this data to learn if our website has been visited by you, which pages you visited in detail and if you clicked on a link on Facebook or Instagram that forwarded you to our website. Thus Facebook can show you personalized ads on Facebook, Instagram or other websites that are using this functionality. Facebook may combine this data with your Facebook account data and use it for its own purposes. For more information on how Facebook Ireland is processing your data please visit https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy. We do not receive any personal data from Facebook Ireland, but only usage statistics in an aggregated form that show us how you interact with our promotions and ads on Facebook Ireland platforms (Facebook or Instagram) for a specified period. This helps us to measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns. For the transmission of the data collected by the Facebook Marketing Pixel Fossil and Facebook Ireland are acting as Joint Controllers according to § 26 GDPR. Hence, we have entered into a separate agreement, see here: https://www.facebook.com/legal/controller_addendum. Facebook is solely responsible for the further data processing and for handling data subjects requests for access and deletion.
- We use Pinterest Tag, a marketing service provided by Pinterest Europe Ltd., Palmerston House 2nd Floor, Fenian Street, Dublin 2, Ireland (“Pinterest”). With the Pinterest pixel we can determine whether you have been forwarded to our website by clicking on one of our pins. Furthermore, the pixel collects data about the usage of our website (e.g. which pages you have visited, what products you have added to your shopping card etc.) and your IP address. It can occur that your Personal Information is transferred to the USA. For more information on how Pinterest is using your Personal Information, please visit https://policy.pinterest.com/de/privacy-policy#section-residents-of-the-eea. To opt-out from Pinterest click here https://help.pinterest.com/en-gb/article/personalization-and-data.
- We use Snapchat Pixel, a marketing tool provided by Snap Inc., 63 Market Street, Venice, CA 90291, USA (“Snapchat”). We use Snapchat to optimize our website and to provide you with personalized advertising when you use Snapchat. The Snapchat pixel collects data about the usage of our website and your IP address on our behalf. Your data will be transferred to Snapchat’s servers located in the United States. The transfer is based on a contract including EU Commission’s standard contractual clauses. To opt-out from Snapchat click here https://support.snapchat.com/en-US/article/privacy-settings2.
Fossil UK Ltd
Featherstone House, Featherstone Road, Wolverton Mill
Milton Keynes, MK12 5TH United Kingdom
T.: +44 (0) 2038685986