Here are some typical reasons why an error may have occurred during checkout:
- Your card must be issued in the US. For shipments within the United States, Fossil.com accepts only US issued credit cards.
- Orders must be placed from within the United States. If you are located internationally, and would like to place an order with a U.S. issued card, you can call in at 800-449-3056 to place an order over the phone.
- The billing name and address must match your card statement exactly. Is this information up-to-date? Have you moved recently? Consider calling your card company for confirmation.
- Make sure you are using the correct security code. For Visa, MasterCard and Discover, this is the last 3 digits on the back of your card. For American Express, it is the 4 small digits located on the front of your card.
- We will not ship to hotels or freight forwarders.
If you tried to place an order and received an error message during checkout, your order was not placed. Each order attempt with an error message will result in a credit/debit card authorization.
An authorization is not a withdrawal, but rather, a temporary hold of your funds. If an order is not placed successfully, the pending authorization(s) will usually drop off in 3-5 business days for U.S. cards or 30 days for international cards, dependent upon your bank. Note that there is no need for you to take any additional action for the pending authorization to automatically be removed.
If you have confirmed that you comply with the bullet points above and are still having trouble checking out, please contact Customer Care with the email address and last 4 digits of the card you have used on your order.