A pending authorization is not a withdrawal, but rather, a temporary hold of your funds.
If an order was not placed successfully, the authorization(s) will usually drop off in
- 3-5 business days for U.S. cards
- 30 days for international cards, dependent upon your bank
Note that there is no need for you to take any additional action for the pending authorization to automatically be removed.
If the bank does not drop the authorization in this timeframe, please contact Customer Care with the following information:
- The name of the bank associated with your card
- An email address or fax number for the bank
- The last 4 digits of the card used
- How many authorizations need to be dropped
If the order was placed successfully, the pending authorization will usually drop off when your order is shipped and you are charged for the order. Though, it is possible that your bank may hold onto the authorization for a business day longer.